Nail bed is located under nail plate, it consists of all blood vessels, nerves and lymph. Nail matrix is a part of nail bed which is responsible to create cells which develop nail plate. Nail matrix is located under nail plate at the origin of nail, where as nail bed is located under nail plate after nail matrix.
In short, nail bed is skin which is beneath nail plate and has two layers, dermis and epidermis.
Nail bed’s responsibility is to protect fingers and also increase sensation when anything is touched. As said nail matrix is a part of nail bed it’s nail bed’s responsibility to supply nutrition to it.
Here is an image showing nail bed and nail matrix.
More on Nail bed
More Articles on nail fungus
- Fingernail Fungus Treatment
- Cuticle Infection
- Fingernail Fungus Causes
- Fingernail Fungus Pictures and Tips
- Fingernail fungus cure tips
- Home remedies for fingernail fungus
- Fingernail fungus symptoms
More post on nail care tips
- Nail Care Tips During Pregnancy
- Proper Cuticle Care Tips
- How to Clean Toenails
- How to clean fingernails?
- Nail polish remover methods