The symptoms of toenail fungus are quite visible as the infection that causes to the nail. It loses its color and turns into strangely yellowish, brownish or pale color. The toenail becomes thickness and roughness and thereby the skin gets peel off and that leads to complete separation of the nail from its root. If the toenail fungus may spread with skin injuries or fungal infections to the other parts of the body, itching may occur in other part of the body.
Also read: Fingernail fungus symptoms
- The unnecessary thickness of the nail and its growth makes it extremely difficult to wear shoes at that point of time.
- Fluids may be discharged from the affected area due to the addition of fragments on the sides of the nail cause to smell vulgar and sharp-tasting.
- The severity of this state may lead to the ultimate falling off the nail and the consequent growth of natural toenail and its infection.If ignored, this may perpetuate to Paronychia and Onycholysis, like other kinds of nail sicknesses and infections.
- Turn yellow or white.
- Get thicker.
- Crumble and split, and it may separate from the skin.
Don’t miss: Tips on taking care of nails at home
Toenail fungus mainly causes by bad maintenance of peculiar hygiene. The toenail fungus is also created automatically if one person keeps wearing the same shoes or socks for a long period of time.The most common of all the nail abnormalities that usually causes a discoloration, dis-figuration and the eventual destruction of the nails.
Few more helpful nail care tips articles.
- How to Take Off Acrylic Nails
- Home Remedies for Nail Discoloration
- Importance of Manicure and Pedicure
- 8 Hand Care Tips in Summer