Gel polish is durable for a period of ten days to four weeks. It is a nail lacquer which is set with UV light to harden. Salons that provide gel manicures can also remove the gel nail polish; although, you can remove gel nail polish at home if required. Make sure that repeating this procedure every ten days to four weeks can weaken your nails and cause some disorder. This article will help you how to remove it at home. As we all know the gel nail polish is amazing convenient, when the time to put it off, those long-lasting effects can backfire. It is obvious you don’t have extra time to make the trek back to the spa/ salon to remove gel nail polish and end up peeling the gel nail polish off at home. We will discuss how to reduce damage to your fingernails if you should remove your gel nail polish at home. At home, removing gel nail polish is very simple task.
There are a few things you may need to remove the gel nail polish:
- Cotton Squares or Cotton Balls
- Pure Acetone
- 10- 2.5″x2.5″ squares of Aluminum foil (the measurements need not have to be exact, but this 10- 2.5″x2.5″size works best for you)
- Orange Stick
- A coarse nail file
- A cuticle pusher
- Cuticle oil
- Hand moisturizer of your choice
- A buffing block
If your gel nail polish is correct applied, this gel nail must last at least 2 weeks without peeling or chipping. At that time, you can see the growth of your nail, and it will be tempting to begin to pick at your nail polish. Make sure you should never remove gel nail polish by peeling it off with your teeth or nails! Choosing gel polish off can harmful for your nails and make your nails brittle as your nail’ s top layer peels off with the nail polish.
You can follow the given below steps to remove your gel nail polish to keep your nails healthy.
- Firstly, with the use of a coarse nail file you can rough the nails surface. It will help you to break through the coat on nails to enable the remover to penetrate the polish layer below.
- After that, you need to soak a cotton pad or ball with the use of acetone remover and leave cotton pad on one of the fingernails for some time.
- Wrap the finger with the cotton pad in aluminium foil, and squeeze the finger precise and make it tight so that the cotton pad remains in touch with your nail. Repeat the steps two or three times for each nail.
- Once you have completed these steps, you need to wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the aluminium foil from one nail. After that you can push the polish off of the nail with the use of your cuticle pusher or orange stick. Make sure, never use anything too sharp. Repeat this process for your each nail.
- Finally, Wash and moisturize both nails and hands.