Fake or artificial nails are attached to natural nails with glue. These nails (fake) are used to add beauty to existing nails; this is also used to hide short nails with long acrylic nails.
Whatever may be the reason fake nails make your nails glamorous instantly.
Just because you want to be glamorous, don’t be a sheep about your eye makeup.
Same goes for nails.
Yes, fake nails add glamour to you but let me ask you, will you risk your health or life for glamour?
Of course not!
Fake nails or artificial nails or acrylic nails or gel nails all this contains chemicals which are harmful to your health.
Here are few notable points from popular sites
- Ethyl methacrylate which is used in artificial nails can cause contact dermatitis, asthma, and allergies in the eyes and nose. -Wikipedia.org
- Workers in nail salon are prone to get health issues as they’re exposed to harmful chemicals used in nail salon. Few of them are:
- Acetone causes headache, irritates eyes, skin and throat.
- Acetonitrile causes weakness, nausea, irritates nose and throat and breathing problem.
- Formaldehyde, used in nail polish and nail hardener causes difficulty breathing, asthma and can cause cancer.
- Ethyl acetate, found in nail polish and fingernail glue causes irritation in all parts of the body including eyes, nose, throat and mouth, highly levels of ethyl acetate can cause fainting.
- Methyl methacrylate (MMA) banned in many states causes, asthma, loss of smell and irritation. (source)
Also read: Remove nail polish at home.
- Nail technicians are exposed to dozens of chemicals. They carryout manicure or pedicure by placing clients hand or feet on a table which is just below technicians breathing zone. Chemicals are inhaled by nail salon workers raising serious issues like respiratory problem. According to a Nail Magazine 96% of workers in nail salon are female. – (source)
- Wearing mask will shield them (nail technicians) from dust but not from fumes. In 2002, state government issues license to 800 and 1,200 new manicurist. Government not worried about health issues these nail salons can bring to their clients and to themselves. (source)
- Few ingredients in acrylic nails are highly flammable, you need to keep your acrylic nails away from heat and flames. (source)
- Some people may notice that their natural nails grow tougher or become hard, in this case at once remove acrylic nails. (source)
- The gap left between natural and fake nail can make infection to flourish causing nail fungus which discolors the nails. (source)