This post gonna surprise most of you.
Nail which are small part of hands, have much more interesting facts which most of us don’t know. It’s really fun to know these facts. I myself cannot believe some of the facts listed below when I first read, but fact is fact.
Get ready to be surprised!
20 Interesting Facts about Nails
- Nails grow faster in summer than winter – because in summer nail get close to sun more than winter which increases Vitamin E to help grow nails faster than winter.
- Are you male? then you must know your nails grow faster than female nails, except during pregnancy where female nails grow faster.
- Which hand do you use? Right, then you must know this. Nails of the hand which you use most grows faster than the nails of the other hand.
- Longer the fingers you’ve faster your nails grow.
- After recovering from ill your nails grow faster.
- Nail growth is affected by nutrition, hormone & age.
- Nail problem causes 10% skin problem.
- Discolored nails reflects the health of your body.
- Do you know nails & hairs are made of protein keratin.
- Nails (plates)are made of dead cells they don’t breath while nail beds & cuticles are made of live cells which need oxygen. So don’t use excessive nail polish. (That’s why nails don’t sweat)
- To grow 1 centimeter nail take 100 days (approximately) and to completely renew they need 4 to 6 months. While toenail take much longer time 12 to 18 months.
- Your toenails are twice as thick as your fingernails.
- Middle fingernail grows faster than other fingernails.
- Thumb fingernail grows slower than other nails.
- Cutting your nails after sunset is not bad luck (superstitious)you can cut, but assure that you’ve enough light.
- Nails & hair doesn’t grow after death, they seem to look longer as skin retracts.
- Place your piece of nail in Coca Cola drink for 4 days and it dissolves. Because drink is highly corrosiveness.
- Manicure has been around 4000 years. Read Manicure history here.
- The longest finger nail ever recorded was that of an Indian guy and it was 48 inches long.
- Your fingernails grow faster than toenails, in both gender.
Share more interesting facts about nails in comments.
Read on this interesting news – Doctors baffled by mystery illness which causes woman to grow fingernails instead of hair