Acrylic nails are also known as fake nails, false nails or nail extensions, generally used as a fashion. Before going in details on how to remove acrylic nails we suggest not to use acrylic nails, as they will weaken your nails. You can remove acrylic nails with or without acetone. Acetone is a chemical which has no color. It’s poisonous and can harm you.
As acetone are not safe many searches for a way without acetone. We recommend you to go to a manicurist to remove acrylic nails. As you may damage your nail bed or nail plate in the process. Anyway if you’re very confident that you will take care during the process you can proceed.
Removing Acrylic Nails without Acetone
Things needed before starting.
- Newspaper – to spread on surface of place where you’ll be working.
- Nail polish remover. (acetone free)
- A bowl.
- A wooden stick.
- Nail buffer.
- Petroleum jelly.
- Spread the newspaper. Pour acetone free nail polish remover in the bowl and dip your fingers in it for about 20 minutes.
- Before dipping your fingers in the bowl apply petroleum jelly to fingernails.
- When acrylic gets soften and dissolve, using wooden stick scrape acrylic gel off the nails.
- Take care that you don’t scrape off nail plate.
- If you still see any acrylic gel, even after scraping then dip your nails in the acetone free solution.
- Using nail buffer to remove remaining acrylic gel.
- Once all the acrylic gel is removed wash your hands and pat them dry.
- Apply moisturizer.
You can use other solutions to remove acrylic nails instead of acetone. Few of them are acetone- free lacquer removers and rubbing alcohol.
Which method do you use to remove acrylic nails? Share in comments.
For more nail care tips click here.