Cuticles are the area where your nails meet your skin. The cuticle skin is sensitive and it protects your nail bed from bacterial and fungal infection.
So, it’s important to protect your cuticles. Like your skin dries even cuticles dry. And most people to remove these ugly looking dry cuticles they either bite or cut cuticles, both methods are not recommended. Instead you need to push cuticles back using an orange wooden stick.
Steps to push back cuticles and give your nails a nice look
Things you’ll need.
- A bowl with warm water.
- An orange stick.
- Dry towel.
- Any moisturizing cream.
- Take a bowl of warm water and mix any soap in it.
- Dip your fingers in the bowl for about 20 minutes.
- Now pat your fingers dry using towel.
- Apply any moisturizer cream on your cuticles. Vaseline would work.
- Then using orange stick push back cuticles gently. Do one hand at a time.
- Once who’ve done pushing cuticles wash your hands.
Repeat the process once a week to keep your cuticles free from infection.
- Don’t push too hard, this may cause injury and bleeding. This may lead a way to infection.
- Never cut or bite your cuticles. This leaves a gap between nail plate and your skin through which fungus can invade.