Weak and brittle nails can be a sign of underlying health issues or it is usually a result of a lack of right kind nail care. Nutritional efficiency, as well as nail infections is one of the most stipulations that can take a toll for your finger and toenails. Like hair, the situation of the nails too mirrors our health and general neatly-being. On the other hand, many of us can get weak and brittle nails and not using underlying health problems. In such instances, factors like, overexposure to water, cleaning dishes every day, along with the use of the palms to scrub garments will also be some of the conceivable purposes of brittle fingernail.
Tips to Make Your Nails Strong
It is possible to beef up brittle toenails and fingernails with correct nail care and by means of following a balanced vitamin. The nutrients which can be considered to be essential for the health of the nails are biotin, calcium, protein and sulfur. So, consuming more protein, as well as sulfur and calcium rich foods will let you to grow healthy nails.
Over exposure to water can dry out the nails and make them break easily. So, you could have to protect your fingernails from over publicity to water and chemical compounds via dressed in gloves while doing such activities.
- Nail strengthener or hardener can also be hired for selling the health of your finger and toenails. Preferably, nail strengthener is used as soon as in per week. You can additionally use it as a base coat ahead of applying nail polish.
- Avoid the habit of nail biting, and stop abusing your nails, i.e., the usage of them for choosing at issues or peeling off stickers. All such actions weaken the nails and lead them to at risk of simple breakage.
- Try to keep your nails trimmed at regular periods. Maintain them slightly quick, but now not too low on the sides. This may help to provide them a neat look and save you breakage.
- Moisturize nails, and petroleum jelly is likely one of the a lot efficient merchandise for doing so. It can be used a couple of occasions a day to moisturize them and pores and skin round it. Apply a few olive oil to your nails with a brush, and keep it for about 15 to 20 mins, after which follow a moisturizer in your arms and nails.
- Avoid the widespread use of nail polish remover.
- For portray your nails, use a product that doesn’t include formaldehyde, as formaldehyde can weaken your nails and cause them to vulnerable to breakage.
If the condition of your nails does now not improve even after following a nutritious diet and right kind nail care regimen, then you’ll be able to consider talk over within a dermatologist. A visit to a dermatologist is extra vital when you examine yellowing or thickening of the nails or suspect nail infection or nail fungus and different varieties of nail issues.
Image source: Flickr.com