Dry skin is not uncommon; most people experience this at some point of life. Dry skin on hands is caused by excessive bathing, environment or sometimes through genetics. Whatever the cause you can hydrate your skin with regular care.
To moisturize the skin, whether skin on hands or on other parts of the body. There are 2 ways to get rid of dry skin.
- Moisturize from the outside.
- Hydrating from the inside.
Also read: Why Are My Cuticles So Dry?
Moisturizing from the outside
It involves applying a moisturizer cream on dry skin parts. Let’s discuss few of them here.
- Wash the dry skin area with cool water, pat dry. Then apply moisturizer cream. It’s no-brainier to apply moisturizing cream when skin becomes dry, but you must practice this regularly and apply the cream frequently. For this you can carry a small moisturizing cream tube with you when you go out, also place one beside your bed. So that you can apply moisturizer before going to sleep.
- Important: Apply moisturizer when your skin is damp. Moisturizer applied when body is wet seal in more hydration. So next time, when you wash your face pat off the excess moisture with towel and then apply moisturizer cream. This will help skin to absorb more moisture.
- Don’t go with any X product in the market. Take friends/doctor’s suggestion to get the best moisturizer.
- Be careful while rinsing, as few cleanser can strip moisture from the skin.
- Exfoliate gently. This removes old dead cells. Click here for the process.
Recommend: Tips to Treat Dry, Rough Skin on Elbows
Hydrating from the inside
No in all cases only moisturizer can cure dry skin, you need to take rich amount of vitamins and minerals in your diet.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Water flushes toxins in your system pushing nutrients to cells.
- Take vitamin rich diet. Green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits, and fruits with rich content of water like watermelon, broccoli and tomatoes are good for hydration.
- After consulting doctor you can take supplements. When you’ve very low level of vitamins and nutrients in your body then supplements is must for you to recover quickly.
- Don’ take salt and dried foods.
- Stop smoking. Tar present in cigarettes clogs the skin pores, leading to blackheads.
- Don’t take alcohol. It dehydrates the body and skin.
Few more tips
- Prevent dry skin on hands by excessive bathing.
- Apply sunscreen cream in summer.
- Wear gloves while going out and rubber gloves while washing dishes.
- Don’t scratch dry skin.
Sure there are many more ways to get rid of dry skin on hands. Please share your tips in comments.