Are fingernails poisonous?

When I was a child, my grandmother stopped me from scratching with nails. At the time I though nails are poisonous when scratched. But they also stopped me from biting my fingernails. Are fingernails poisonous, is it why our parents stopped from scratching and biting nails?

No, nails are not poisonous. But they carry lots of dirt and bacteria underneath them (clean your nails). This is why my grandmother stopped me form scratching, and what about nail biting? Nail biting weakens your nails. I think this one reason is enough, anyway as you know nails carry bacteria biting it without any doubt will take bacteria into our body.

Nails are made of same thing like that of hair. So it’s not poisonous.

More on nail care tips

  1. Men nail care tips
  2. Girls nail care tips
  3. Importance of manicure and pedicure

More here.

More discussion here

Trackbacks

  1. […] most of nail polishes today are non-toxic most of them have chemicals has their major […]

Speak Your Mind

*